The pituitary gland produces hormones that promote growth and maintain the functions of our organs and tissues. However, as we age, our pituitary gland produces fewer hormones. The reduction is linked to decreased bone and muscle mass development.
Fortunately, there is a synthetic version of the growth hormone available for individuals who have an extremely low natural production. The results from the synthetic human growth hormone (HGH) help adults and athletes maintain their vitality when their bodies no longer produce adequate amounts of it on their own.
How You Can Benefit From HGH Therapy
HGH therapy is administered through injection of a prescription drug. The use of synthetic growth hormones provides a lot of benefits. HGH is essential in supporting biological processes such as growth and cell regeneration. It also helps repair tissues in crucial organs.
HGH therapy can:
- Improve the growth and development in children who do not produce enough of it naturally due to disorders.
- Help treat body deterioration from conditions such as HIV or AIDs.
- Increase your ability to exercise and live an active lifestyle.
- Help you gain muscle mass as well as slow down its deterioration due to aging.
- Help those who have adult growth hormone deficiency (AGHD).
- Improve your productivity, mood, concentration, sleeping habits, and memory retention.
- Enhance the metabolic process and the immune system.
- Speed up bone regeneration and healing. It also improves your bone strength.
- Decrease the risk of cardiovascular diseases and be an effective proponent of kidney disease treatments.
- Increase collagen production to make the skin stronger and improve skin quality.
- Help treat the Prader-Willi syndrome, a genetic order that causes weak muscles, constant hunger, and slow development.
- Help women with Turner’s syndrome, which causes heart defects, poor development of ovaries, and short height.
- Help reduce the symptoms of short bowel syndrome, which is a disorder caused by a poor functional small intestine.
Risks and Side Effects of HGH Therapy
Like with any therapy or treatment, HGH therapy comes with a few risks and side effects. However, these risks and side effects are not very common and for most patients, the benefits significantly outweigh them. Possible side effects and risks include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Joint and muscle pain
- An increase in insulin resistance
- Swelling of hands and feet
If you experience these side effects, it is possible that your dosage is incorrect and that your doctor may need to adjust the amount of hormone you receive in HGH therapy. By adjusting the dosage, you may experience fewer symptoms.
HGH Therapy in Texas
If you are interested in learning more about HGH therapy and how it could help you find relief, contact the experts at DFW Anti-Aging and Wellness Centers. Many of our patients benefit from HGH therapy. We aim to provide anti-aging therapies to help patients with their wellness concerns. We offer state-of-the-art and effective services intended to address metabolic, hormonal, and nutritional issues.
To make an appointment, please call us at (469) 389-5251, or request an appointment online.